|Good and bad all invited!|
|作者 John Chan|
Good and bad all invited!
A. Main scriptures for this study: Matt.22:8-13
1. Then said he to his servants: The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 22:8
2. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 22:9
3. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found,
both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. 22:10
4. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 22:11
5. And he said to him: Friend, how came you in hither not having a wedding garment?
And he was speechless. 22:12
6. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hands and feet, and take him away,
and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 22:13
*** Why was he speechless?
As normal human in 2021 he could have said these loudly!
1. I did not want to come! Your servants dragged me here!
2. Now, if you do not like it! I am going!
3. The parable did not say it this way! His hands and feet were bind and cast into darkness…
B. By a new and living way! Heb.10:16-20
1. This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds. Heb.10:16
(1) Being a chosen child of God it was to be born as a Jew!
(2) Then being train to live as a Jew!
2. Then he adds: Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more. Heb.10:17
3. And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. Heb.10:18
4. Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body (the church of Christ). Heb.10:19-20
5. Each is to be taught the set of rules that regulate human life!
6. Thought it through then decided to be baptized… become a child of God!
7. This man was taught and knew what he had to do to attend the wedding feast!
This is why he was speechless!
C. Each has one chance!
1. It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the
Holy Spirit who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away,
to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and
subjecting him to public disgrace. Heb.6:4-6
2. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives
the blessing of God. Heb.6:7
3. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed.
In the end it will be burned. Heb.6:8
4. Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—
things that accompany salvation. Heb.6:9
5. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people
and continue to help them. Heb.6:10
6. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. Heb.6:11
7. We do not want you to become lazy,
but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. Heb.6:12
8. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled
in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 2Peter 2:20
9. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 2Pet.2:21
1. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb.10:25
2. For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
there remain no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery
indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Heb.10:26-27
May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you always! Preach this August 22, 2021
VIDEO SERMON BY BROTHER CHAN ON August 22, 2021
|< 前一个||下一个 >|