|A new era begin!|
|作者 John Chan|
A new era begin!
Jews and Gentiles be saved the same way!
A. Can you not be confused?
1. It was to Jews only! Matt.10:5-6
These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions:
Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.
Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.
2. Then he said to them: Mk.16:15-16
Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
3. Be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth! Ac.1:8
B. God made me did it? Ac.11:15-18
Started with Cornelius family! Acts 10:1-48
1. Peter explained: As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.Ac.11:15
2. Then I remembered what the Lord had said:
John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit. Ac.11:16
3. So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ,
who was I to think that I could oppose God? Ac.11:17
4. And when they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying:
Then to the Gentiles also hath God granted repentance unto life. Ac.11:18
C. Men of Cyprus and Cyrene started preaching to Greeks! Ac.11:19-21
11. They therefore that were scattered abroad upon the tribulation that arose about Stephen travelled as far as
Phoenicia, and Cyprus, and Antioch, speaking the word to none save only to Jews. Ac.11:19
12. But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they were come to Antioch, spoke unto
the Greeks also, preaching the Lord Jesus. Ac.11:20
13. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number that believed turned unto the Lord. Ac.11:21
D. Church of Christ in Jerusalem sent Barnabas to evangelize the Gentiles! Ac.11:22-26
1. And the report concerning them came to the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem:
and they sent forth Barnabas as far as Antioch: Ac.11:22
2. When he was come, and had seen the grace of God, was glad; and he exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart
they would cleave unto the Lord: for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith:
and much people was added unto the Lord. Ac.11:23-24
3. Barnabas brought Saul to church of Christ in Antioch! Ac.11:25-26
When he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch.
And it came to pass, that even for a whole year they were gathered together with the church,
and taught much people, and that the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
E. Heresy has to be stopped!
1. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees who believed, saying:
It is needful to circumcise them, and to charge them to keep the law of Moses. Ac.15:5
2. And the apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider of this matter. Ac.15:6
3. And when there had been much questioning, Peter rose up, and said unto them:
Brethren, ye know that a good while ago God made choice among you,
that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. Ac.15:7
4. And God, who knows the heart, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us. Ac.15:8
5. And he made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. Ac.15:9
*** Peter was talking about what happened with the Cornelius family! Ac.10:1-48
6. Now therefore why make ye trial of God, that ye should put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples which neither
our fathers nor we were able to bear? Ac.15:10
7. But we believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in like manner as they. Ac.15:11
*** Still talking about Cornelius family! Peter ordered they be baptized with water for forgiveness of their sins!
8. And all the multitude kept silence; and they hearkened unto Barnabas and Paul rehearsing what signs and wonders
God had wrought among the Gentiles through them. Ac.15:12
F. James made the find decision:
For it seemed good to the H.S. and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things. Ac.15:28
In New Testament time circumcision and law of Moses are not needed! What we need is John 10:27!
Written July 3, 2021.
|< 前一个||下一个 >|