|Who, whom and why!|
|作者 John Chan|
Who, whom and why!
Embarrassment can be long time fun or eternal condemnation!
One simple long time embarrassment and fun story!
In a gathering of friends a fun game was played:
Men not afraid of wife stand on left others stand on right.
Only one man stands on left! Asked: Why? He said: My wife told me to stand on the left!
A. The saved thief on the cross!
Use this as example for salvation of sinners on earth is eternal hell!
1. Who did the saving? Jesus!
2. Why? While Jesus was living in the flesh he has authority to forgive sin! Mk.2:10
3. No others can be saved the exact way?
B. Cornelius family!
1. While they were listening to Peter's preaching H.S. fell on them!
They were able to speak in tongues and magnified God!
2. Peter said: They have received the gift of the H.S. as we have!
3. Then Peter commanded that they be baptized with water!
*** Here we have received the gift of the H.S. before water baptism!
*** What Peter did was baptized for remission of sin then receive gift of the H.S.! Ac.2:38
4. Christianity preachers went all out to destroy Acts 2:38 and hold firm to Cornelius family example!
C. Peter explained it this way: Ac.11:15-17
1. As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. Ac.11:15
2. Then I remembered what the Lord had said:
John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit. Ac.11:16
3. So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ,
who was I to think that I could oppose God? Ac.11:17
4. When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying:
So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life. Ac.11:18
5. John the Baptist personal testimony: Jn.1:33-34
I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me:
The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.
I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.
*** I, John the Baptist baptized with water. Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit!
D. Why Jesus had to baptize Cornelius family with Holy Spirit before Peter baptized them with water?
1. Peter had this lifelong practice:
Arrived at Cornelius family’s door step he said: You yourselves know how it is an unlawful thing
for a man that is a Jew to join himself or come to one of another nation;
and to me has God showed that I should not call any man common or unclean. Ac.10:28
2. Jesus’ personal instruction to him: Matt.10:5-6
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and charged them, saying:
Go not into way of the Gentiles, and enter not into any city of the Samaritans.
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
E. These 2 forever examples for all sinners to be saved in Jesus!
1. 3000 people saved this way! Acts 2:36-41
Hear words of the Lord --> believe Jesus is the Christ -->
repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins and receive the gift of the H.S.
2. The salvation of the Eunuch: Ac.8:35-39
Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. Ac.8:35
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water:
And the eunuch said: See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? Ac.8:36
And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart, you may.
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Ac.8:37
And he commanded the chariot to stand still:
And they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. Ac.8:38
And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip,
that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. Ac.8:39
May the grace of Jesus be with you always! Preach this July 4, 2021.
VIDEO SERMON BY BROTHER CHAN ON July 04, 2021
|< 前一个||下一个 >|