|Unique evil 2.|
|作者 John Chan|
Unique evil 2.
1. Many “brainy” people not want to follow Jesus preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God!
2. The mighty, the rich, the genius, not want to follow Jesus!
3. Generous in life of the flesh stingy in giving in Sunday worship to God!
4. Resourceful in life of the flesh but little effort in service to God!
5. 1950s in Hong Kong only unable to finish normal education people go to Seminary!
Brainy people go all out for competition to enter “the best colleges”!
A. See what New Testament Bible says about Jesus followers!
1. Jesus said: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than
for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Mk.10:25
2. Jesus said about his disciples! Are you still so dull? Matt.15:16
3. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others,
and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. Matt.15:30
B. What did Jesus want?
1. The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. Matt.22:2
2. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come,
but they refused to come. Matt.22:3
***The invited refused to come! Who were the invited?
The farmers, the business men and the mighty! Matt.22:5-6
3. When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness,
and laying his hands on each one, he healed them. Lk.4:40
4. Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting: You are the Son of God!
But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ. Lk.4:41
5. At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and
when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. Lk.4:42
6. But he said: I must preach the gospel of the kingdom of God to the other towns also,
because that is why I was sent. Lk.4:43
7. And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea. Lk.4:44
C. What did Paul say about Jesus followers 2000 years ago? 1Cor.1:26-31
1. For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble. 1Cor.1:26
2. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1Cor.1:27
3. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things -- and the things that are not—
to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. 1Cor.1:28-29
4. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—
that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 1Cor.1:30
*** It is shameful! The NIV gathered 115 “experts” unable to know how to harmonize John 8:31-59!
Unable to know the book of Romans was written to defend the decision in Acts 15:1-28 …
5. The ESV Bible is worse! They gathered 130 experts….
D. God knows we need brainy people to be preachers!
Yes, enough brain power to understand Acts 10:44-11:18!
1. While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. Ac.10:44
2. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that
the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.
3. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Act.10:46
Then Peter said: Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water?
They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have. Ac.10:47
4. So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. … Ac.10:48
*** Unlearned and unstable people connect these above to Ro.10:9-10, Eph.2:8-9, Jn.3:16, Ac.16:30-31 …
Apostle Peter used these two words in described for these people! 2 Peter 3:16
5. Who is able to correctly interpret Acts 11:18? … God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.
The unlearned and unstable people link this with 1Jn.1:9!
If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us form all unrighteousness.
E. Conclusion: Brainy people refuse to follow Jesus and be preachers!
This gave unlearned and unstable people to distort Bible truth and created Christianity! A big disaster!
Preach this June 27, 2021.
VIDEO SERMON BY BROTHER CHAN ON June 27, 2021
|< 前一个||下一个 >|