|Jews are very smart?|
|作者 John Chan|
Jews are very smart?
I often heard: Jews are very smart… Made nuclear bombs, money making business….
I say: When all Jews in Jerusalem worship God on Sunday in one church of Christ, I will agree!
A. Jesus on Jews!
1. The disciples came to him and asked: Why do you speak to the people in parables? Matt.13:10
2. He replied:
The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Matt.13:11
3. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance.
Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. Matt.13:12
4. This is why I speak to them in parables: Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. Matt.13:13
5. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: You will be ever hearing but never understanding.
You will be ever seeing but never perceiving. Matt.13:14
6. For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them. Matt.13:15
7. To his Jews disciples Jesus said: Are you still unintelligent? Matt.15:16
8. To a respected Jews teacher Jesus said:
You are Israel's teacher and do you not understand these things? Jn.3:10
9. Jesus said Jews did this! Jn.5:39-40
Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life.
These are they which bear witness of me. Ye will not come to me, that ye may have life.
B. Paul, a Pharisee, said about Jews!
1. They said Paul preached against Old Testament teaching.
2. Paul said: … I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen. Ac.26:22
3. Paul wrote about his kinsmen Jews: Ro.10:1-2
Brothers, my heart's desire and prayers to God for the Jews is that they may be saved!
For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.Ro.10:1-2
4. As did Jesus, Paul quoted Prophet Isaiah described Jews: Ac.28:26
Go to this people and say: You will be ever hearing but never understanding.
You will be ever seeing but never perceiving. … Ac.28:26-27
C. Steven said these about Jews and got killed! Ac.7:51-52
1. You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears!
You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit! Ac.7:51
2. Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute?
They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One.
And now you have betrayed and murdered him—Ac.7:52
D. To the Jews who having believed him, Jesus said:
1. If you abide in my teaching you are truly my disciples. Jn.8:31
2. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jn.8:32
3. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.
He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Jn.8:44
4. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Jn.8:45
5. He who belongs to God hears what God says.
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." Jn.8:47
E. Here is the ultimate one! Ac.1:3-6
1. After Jesus’ resurrection he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive.
He appeared to them over a period of 40 days and spoke about the kingdom of God. Ac.1:3
2. So when they met together, they asked him:
Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel? Ac.1:6
3. 40 days talked to them about the kingdom of God!
When they met together, they asked him: Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom of Israel?
F. Conclusion: My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests.
Because you have ignored the law of your God I also will ignore your children. Hosea 4:6 May 14, 2021.
|< 前一个||下一个 >|