|作者 John Chan|
A discovery of 1Tim.1:3-4 original meaning!
One important job of the evangelist is to stop gnostics in the church!
Gnostics generate questionings! Questionings generate disorder!
Disorder makes devoted people fall away from salvation!
A. Surprise discovery à Know not much Bible Greek has its advantage!
1. My professor tried to train me to be good in Bible Greek! Due to circumstances I failed to be one!
2. Suddenly I found this has become my advantage in discovering original meanings!
3. Good in Bible Greek will naturally translate this word in 1Tim.1:4 into genealogies!
4. This word first meaning is genealogies!
All English and Chinese Bibles took this one! Because they are experts in Greek!
5. But for me, I am not good in Greek!
I have to look up my Greek dictionary and carefully read until I get 1Tim.1:4!
6. This time it was easy because only 6 short lines! Yes the first line the word genealogies came up!
7. After I read down to line 6 I found the doctrine of the gnostics!
Gnostics means personal interpretation, personal understanding!
***I am expert in aggravate others to death with gnostics!
Immediately I know this people will cause disorder in church. Must be stopped!
8. Then I found Apostle Peter wrote these! 2Peter 1:20-21
Knowing this 1st, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spoke from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.
B. Example one: The understanding John chapter 3!
1. Euro theologians came up with this simple statement --> Faith in Jesus alone saves souls in the world!
2. They advocated using 3:16 and 3:36 as center of messages!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him should
not perish, but have eternal life. Jn.3:16
He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: And he that believes not the Son shall not see life;
but the wrath of God abides on him. Jn.3:36
***These above were their personal interpretations! Unfortunately they were wrong all these years!
3. We, the church of Christ take it this way!
Let us go to Acts 2:36-38 and see what Peter interpreted John chapter 3!
He was there with Jesus in person!
C. These followings help us see God is living within us!
1. Isaiah 28:13
Therefore shall the word of Jehovah be unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little; that they may go, and fall backward,
and be broken, and snared, and taken. Isaiah 28:13
2. Yes, it is like working on a jigsaw puzzle game! The Bible is a big bucket of puzzle game pieces!
To form a picture one has to find all fitted pieces and fit them together!
***Now you know what it takes to know Bible truth correctly! 2Tim.2:15
Wonder no more! Why Euro theologians in 1500 years can’t know Bible truth correctly!
D. Euro theologians can never understand the word “works” in Eph.2:9!
1. If I tell them to read Ro.3:20 they will still not understand!
2. First they will never think about link Eph.2:9 up with Ro.3:20!
3. They faint and fall face up when they see this big bucket jigsaw puzzle pieces!
Like the Oct., 28, 2020 President of France said:
I do not know what to do with the spreading of Covid-19!
4. Wise theologians will say: I do not know what to do with this bucket of jigsaw puzzle pieces!
5. Let us go ask those in church of Christ!
E. Conclusion: Gal.1:12
1. We are the very blessed people!
For I make known to you, brethren, as touching the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not after
man. For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
2. Thank God I am not expert in Bible Greek!
I have to look up dictionary match word with word to discover!
3. Think twice on the Chinese translation of Gal.1:12!
For I did not receive it from man, nor was man taught me, but through a revelation of Jesus Christ!
4. Match 1.and 3. See if you can find out! Not know English has more problems!
For I did not receive it from man., nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
May God grant you good health and peace! Preach this November 8, 2020.
VIDEO SERMON BY BROTHER CHAN ON November 08, 2020
|< 前一个||下一个 >|