|What is heresy?|
Friday Bible study. November 7, 2017
Subject: What Heresy is?
A. Main scripture for this study: Acts 24:14
1. However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect.
I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets. NIV
2. But this I confess unto thee, that after the Way which they call a sect, so serve I the God of our fathers,
believing all things which are according to the law, and which are written in the prophets.ASV
3. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my
fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: KJV
B. Another example: Acts 17:22
1. Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: Men of Athens!
I see that in every way you are very religious.
2. Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus, and said: Ye men of Athens, in all things,
I perceive that ye are very religious.
Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said: Ye men of Athens,
I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
C. One more example: Titus 3:10
1. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time.
After that, have nothing to do with him. (NIV)
2. A factious man after a first and second admonition refuse; (ASV)
3. A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; (KJV)
D. Jesus taught:
1. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. Matt.11:13
2. Then Jesus came to them and said: All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.Matt.28:18-20
3. You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, `Do not murder, and anyone who murders
will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject
to judgment. …. Matt.5:21-22
4. You have heard that it was said, `Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at
a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (NIV)Matt.5:27-28
5. Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there.
Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked him, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold
of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good
on the Sabbath." Then he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." So he stretched it out and it was
completely restored, just as sound as the other. But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might
kill Jesus. Matt.12:9-14
6. John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.
E. Paul taught and other scriptures to be considered!
1. Ex.40:1, 12-15
3. 1 Pet 2:5, 2:9
6. Romans 7:6
Conclusion: What does heresy mean nowadays? Gal.1:6-12
|< 前一个||下一个 >|