|Protect the saved!|
Friday Bible Study. March 31, 2017.
Subject: Protect the saved!
1. Jesus: Protect them by the power of your name! John 17:11
Word for word translationà Keep them in the name of thee which thou hast given to me.
Original word keep means guard them from attack of Satan. Greek dictionary word #5083
2. Jesus: I protected them and kept them safe by that name! John 17:12
Word for word translation--> I kept them in the name of thee which thou hast given to me.
That they may be one as we. John 17:12
A. Main Scriptures: John 17:9-24
1. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
2. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. I will remain
in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect
them by the power of your name -- the name you gave me-- so that they may be one as we. Jn.17:10-11
3. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has
been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. Jn.17:12
4. I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have
the full measure of my joy within them. John 17:13
5. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more
than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect
them from the evil one. John 17:14-15
6. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that
they too may be truly sanctified. John 17:16-19
7. My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so
that the world may believe that you have sent me. John 17:20-21
8. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you
in me. May they be brought to complete unity (perfected in one) to let the world know that you sent
me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:22-23
9. Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you
have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. John 17:24
B. How to guard them from Satan’s assaults?
Building a church and put them in this church. Matt.16:13-18, Acts 2:47
1. When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples:
Who do people say the Son of Man is? Matt.16:13
2. Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 16:14
3. Who do you say I am? Matt.16:15
4. Simon Peter answered: You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matt.16:16
5. Jesus replied: Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by
my Father in heaven. Matt.16:17
6. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades
will not overcome it. Matt.16:18
C. Who and what are to guard them?
1. John 10:16 2. Acts 20:28-32 3. 1 Cor.1:10 4. Titus 1:9, 3:10-11 5. Heb.4:12 6. Jude 1:3
Conclusion: Ultimately, name of the church is the best! Matt.16:15-18, Matt.5:37
Is the name of your church in the Bible?
|< 前一个||下一个 >|