|Identify the true Jesus believers!|
Identify the true Jesus believers!
Main scriptures for this study: Matt.13:10-11, John 8:31-32
1. The disciples came to him and asked: Why do you speak to the people in parables?
2. He said: The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, not to them.
2. To the Jews who having believed him, Jesus said:
3. If you abide in my teaching, you are really my disciples. John 8:31
4. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
5. Distort the meaning of the Bible will be condemned! 2 Peter 36
B. From these scriptures they know the saved people are in church of Christ!
1. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Ro.6:23
Eternal life--> salvation is in Christ.
2. Praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.
And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:47
3. Jesus asked the disciples: Who do you say I am? Matt.16:15
4. Simon Peter answered: You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matt.16:16
5. Jesus replied: Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man,
but by my Father in heaven. Matt.16:17
6. I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church,
and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Matt.16:18
C. From these scriptures they know how body,and soul and spirit function!
1. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26
2. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit and
soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Thes.5:23
3. And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
D. From these scriptures they know what “fulfill” mean in Matt.5:17
1. Then Jesus came to them and said: All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
2. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matt.28:18-20
3. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-- not of the letter but of the Spirit;
for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2Cor.3:6
4. Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Ro.10:4
5. Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets;
I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
E. From these scriptures they know believe Jesus and water baptism are two in one thing.
1. Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the gospel about Jesus. Acts 8:35
2. And as they went on the way, they came unto a certain water; and the Eunuch said, Behold,
water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? Acts 8:36
3. (And Philip said, If thou believest with all thy heart, you may.
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.) Acts 8:37
4. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: Acts 8:38
and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.
5. Paul said: John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in Jesus.
6. On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. Acts 19:4-5
F. Conclusion: From these scriptures they know besides church of Christ there is no salvation!
1. Be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect! Matt.5:48
2. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Gal.3:27
3. My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. John 17:20-21
|< 前一个||下一个 >|