|How does God guard his children|
How does God guard his children?
A. Jesus prayed his people be protected! John 17:15-17, 2 Cor.6:17-18
1. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
2. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. John 16:16
3. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 16:17
4. Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will
receive you. 2 Cor.6:17
5. I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. 2Cor.6:18
B. Know whom you walk with!
Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
Ps 1:3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
Ps 1:4 Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
Ps 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
Ps 1:6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
C. Close walk with the shepherd! Psalms 23:1-6
1. Ps 23:1 Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. Ps 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
3. Ps 23:3 He restores my soul: He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Ps 23:4 Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
5. Ps 23:5 Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup run over.
6. Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah for ever.
D. The Lord standing guard 24/7! Psalms 121:1-8
1. Ps 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?
2. Ps 121:2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3. Ps 121:3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;
4. Ps 121:4 indeed, he who watches over his children will neither slumber nor sleep.
5. Ps 121:5 The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6. Ps 121:6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
7. Ps 121:7 The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life;
8. Ps 121:8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
E. Be this kind of people! 1 Peter 3:10-17
1. Determined to love life and see good days! No lie and no cursing! 1 Peter 3:10
2. Stay away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:11
3. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. 1 Peter 3:12
4. If you suffer for doing righteousness, you are blessed. 1 Peter 3:14
5. In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to all who ask you
to give the reason for the hope you have. Do it with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15
6. Keep conscience clear, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ
may be ashamed of their slander. 1 Peter 3:16
7. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 1 Peter 3:17
1. Stay clear from immorality and the love of money!
2. Pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with people that call on the Lord out of a pure heart!
May the Lord bless you and keep you always! Preach this February 12, 2017.
Video: English Cantonese – Recorded 3/12/17
|< 前一个||下一个 >|