|The saved be guarded.|
The saved be guarded!
Main scriptures for this study: John 17:11-15, Jude 1:21-25
1. Jesus prayed: All his saved believers be guarded.
2. Guarding by keeping them in thy name out of the assaults of Satan. ASV
3. Guarding by the power of thy name out of the assaults of Satan. NIV
4. Thy name, the name given to Jesus, Christ.
A. Scriptures as recorded. John 17:11-15
1. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—
So that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11
2. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me…Jn.17:12
3. I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have
the full measure of my joy within them. Jn.17:13
4. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any
more than I am of the world. Jn.17:14
5. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the devil. 17:15
B. Jude put it this way! Jude 1:21-25
1. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to
eternal life. Jude 1:21
2. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy,
mixed with fear-- hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Jude 1:22-23
3. To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without
fault and with great joy-- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority,
through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25
C. How the saved is to be protected?
1. Holy Father protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me….Jn.17:11
2. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. Jn.17:12
3. Keep yourselves in God’s love while you live in the world. Jude 1:21
4. Be merciful to those who doubt. Snatch others from the fire… Jude 1:22-23
5. Hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Jude 1:23
6. Stay in the churches of Christ!
Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who
call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2Tim.2:22
7. For the church of Christ is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness and peace and
joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
D. Stay in the church of Christ!
1. The Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:47
2. Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting,
committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. Acts 14:23
3. Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.
Be shepherds of the church of Christ, which he bought with his own blood. Acts 20:28
4. Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an
inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:32
5. It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be
pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may
be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become
mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Eph.4:11-13
6. Wherefore putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with meekness the
implanted word, which is able to save your souls. James 1:21
The word of the Lord must be implanted! Where can one do this?
7. Known to have virtue in right environment in Christ, Satan stay away from you!
May the Lord bless you and keep your always! Preach this February 26, 2017.
|< 前一个||下一个 >|