|What to do with observing traditional days!|
Friday Bible Study. February 3, 2017.
Subject: What to do with observing traditional days!
A. One man esteem one day above another: another esteem every day (alike).
Let each man be fully assured in his own mind. Romans 14:6
B. Principal guide: Romans 14:16-18
1. Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
2. For none of us live to himself, and none die to himself.
3. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; or whether we die, we die unto the Lord:
whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
C. Continue consideration.
1. As therefore ye received Christ Jesus the Lord, (so) walk in him, Col.2:6
2. Rooted and built up in him, and established in your faith, even as ye were taught, abounding
in thanksgiving. 2:7
D. Watch out for tradition of men! Col.2:8-9
1. Take heed lest there shall be any one that makes spoil of you through his philosophy and vain
deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:
for in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
2. And in him ye are made full, who is the head of all principality and power. 2:10
3. In whom ye were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off
of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ; 2:11
4. Having been buried with him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with him through faith in
the working of God, who raised him from the dead. Col.2:12
5. And you, being dead through your trespasses and the un-circumcision of your flesh, you, (I say),
did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses; having blotted out the
bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out
that way, nailing it to the cross; having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show
of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Col.2:13-15
***E. Let no man judge you, or rob you! Col2:16-19
1. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or
a Sabbath day: which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's. 2:16-17
2. Let no man rob you of your prize by a voluntary humility and worshipping of the angels, dwelling
in the things which he hath seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast the
Head, from whom all the body, being supplied and knit together through the joints and bands,
increasing with the increase of God.
F. Why the above: Col.2:20-23
1. If ye died with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world,
do ye subject yourselves to ordinances, Col.2:20
2. Handle not, nor taste, nor touch (all which things are to perish with the using), after the precepts
and doctrines of men? Col.2:21-22
3. Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will-worship, and humility, and severity to the body;
(but are) not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh. Col.2:23
Conclusion: Back to item B.
|< 前一个||下一个 >|