|Why am I a preacher? 2|
Why am I a preacher? 2
Preface: Your tears are one of my reasons!
Last Sunday after preaching the sermon I saw some tears in eyes!
Yes, if we all seek to have families where Christ is Lord before we got married!
Yes, this way no one shall ever suffer divorce pains.
Tears flow from eyes of those who suffered divorce pains. The more painful, the more tears!
Why didn’t I know this before I got married!
Please remember, I also said, it is never too late as long as you are still living!
Yes, divorce pains are avoidable pains! Yes, I hate so much to suffer avoidable pains!
Believe Jesus, seek to have a family where Christ is Lord!
Even for un-believers, it is much better to suffer loneliness then suffer divorce pains!
For Jesus believers, both will not happen, no divorce pains, no loneliness!
We have a Father in heaven watch over us. We have brothers and sisters in the church!
A. Why am I a preacher?
1. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who
believes... Romans 1:16
2. Yes, the gospel has the power to save souls and save us from much physical pains!
3. In the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,
just as it is written: The righteous will live by faith! Romans 1:17
4. Remember I said this all the time!
I want to see everyone to have this righteousness in their lives!
5. This righteousness in life can eliminate many un-necessary pains from happening!
B. Why was Apostle Paul a preacher? 1 Cor.9:16-23
1. Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach.
Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 1 Cor.9:16
2. If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust
committed to me. 1 Cor.9:17
3. What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge,
and so not make use of my rights in preaching it. 1 Cor.9:18
4. Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible..9:19
5. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 1 Cor.9:23
6. This is my reason!
Apostle Paul said: Imitate me as I imitate Christ. 1 Cor.11:1
C. The gospel can touch hearts and set people free from slaves of sins!
1. The key is do what says in the Bible!
2. To the having believed Jews Jesus said: If you abide in my teachings you are truly my disciples.
Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. John 8:31-32
3. Yes, I like to see people free from sins and from all kinds of sufferings!
4. Hazing in college do not have to happen, if they all here in church listen to my preaching!
One dead because of hazing! Other 37 students still under trials!
5. When I heard reports about this, I always feel pains in my heart for their families!
Just think, how much pains collectively all this time their all suffered!
6. Yes, all these is avoidable! What a shame and what a waste!
7. The leader of this group was one of our Chinese school students!
With all the teachings of the of the Bible! The family resisted and the result is this!
D. The gospel can touch hearts and build churches of Christ around the world! Acts 2:36-42
1. Apostle Peter preached: Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus,
whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ. Acts 2:36
2. When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles:
Brothers, what shall we do? Acts 2:37
3. Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the
forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:28
4. These baptized people devoted themselves to the Apostle’s teachings for life!
In the churches of Christ there is no divorce, no pains of hazing….
Video: English Cantonese – Recorded 1/22/17
|< 前一个||下一个 >|