|Why am I a preacher?|
Why am I a preacher?
1. While the world seek long life and richness, I seek help meaningful life!!
2. As I said last Sunday, meaningful life means a life that help solve lots of problems!
3. Not only personal problems, mostly other people’s problems!
4. When I was in Allendale South Carolina, often, people with children stop their car by the church!
Say, I have hungry children. I said, down the block there is a restaurant go eat and I pay for it!
5. There were larger problems! Say a child suddenly very sick. The only toilet clogged!
Brother so and so said, need $3000 to fix 40 years ago!
Brother Chan said: Ask your husband to help, I can fix it free!
Sick with high fever, but without money to see a doctor.
I said, go see doctor so and so and tell him Mr. Chan will pay for them!
A 28 year old daughter afraid to go out of the house! I said, come out go get job training!
A. Why am I a preacher? I love peace and hate violence!
1. Between peace and violence I love peace!
2. I love to do things that create peace and keep peace!
3. I had seen too many people got bullied and live in miseries!
4. Believe Jesus and being a preacher, I can figure out ways to help solve many problems!
5. A stronger man with 3 children, bullied his next door neighbor who has 11 boys and one daughter.
It was in my junior high school year! One day I walked up to him and said softly! Mr. so and so,
you have to stop bullying them! You are going to make me stop! I said, no! I can!
I just want you to think about this! Some day these boys going to grow up!
Just in case one or two of them decided to die with you! Your family may be wiped out, he still has 10!
6. How do I know this? Before I learned to believe Jesus, I was bullied badly!
Until I decided to die with whoever tried to bully me again!
B. By the grace of God, I was taught! Romans 12:19
1. NIV--> Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written:
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
2. ASV--> Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath (of God): for it is written,
Vengeance belongs unto me; I will recompense, said the Lord.
3. People in the world do not believe, there is one believer really do what says in the Bible!
4. People was brain washed about believe or not believe, no one really do what says in the Bible!
5. Korea claim 80% people believe Jesus! But how many known to do what says in the Bible?
All these years I had seen one Korean man who was gentle and soft spoken!
C. Here is one best reason why I believe Jesus and be a preacher!
1. I grew up in two very different worlds!
2. One is Jesus believer’s world. Husband and wife, children in a family live in harmony!
3. As a small community to themselves! They love each other and help each other!
4. One is idol worshiper’s world.
These people lied, cheat, gamble, cursing, fights in family and out of family!
5. I pray to God when I have family, I want to have Jesus’ believers family!
6. God had mercy on me, I found my wife who has the same idea all these years!
We may be different in many ways, but one in common is enough to overcome all others!
This one is believe Jesus and do what says in the Bible!
7. As I said, my wife and I are more fortunate! We learned to believe Jesus and do what says in the
Bible before we got married!
Unfortunately, others may have been married, divorced,… then find a way to believe Jesus!
But do not be afraid, as long as you are living! You are never too late!
8. But listen to what says in the Bible! 2 Cor.6:1-2
As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain.
For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
Video: English Cantonese – Recorded 1/15/17
|< 前一个||下一个 >|