|Your heart and righteous deed.|
Where is your heart?
Why do we know the truth and they do not?
It has to be, because we have heart and righteousness life they do not!
A. Here is the proof from the Bible!
1. God lays up sound wisdom for the righteous. He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. Pro.2:7
2. The disciples asked Jesus: Why do you speak to them in parables? Matt.13:10-11
3. He replied: The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, not to them.
4. The Lord added the saved to the church of Christ! Acts 2:47, Ro.16:16
5. The church of Christ is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the H.S.Ro.14:17
B. Jesus promised!
1. Ask and it will be given; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.Mt.7:7
2. Believe Jesus is the Christ! Jn.8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.
C. Abraham’s salvation as an example!
Abraham believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness Gen.15:6.
1. Apostle Paul used this to prove-->
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. Ro,3:28
2. Because a group of believers in the church rise up to say, the Gentile saints cannot be saved.
Unless they receive circumcision and obey the Law of Moses! Acts 15:1-5.
3. Paul used the most respected ancestor, Abraham as an example to prove that was false!
4. Abraham was saved by faith before and without circumcision! Gen.15:6
5. Abraham received circumcision in Geneses chapter 17!
6. As for the Law of Most it was Abraham’s 3rd generation children!
7. Therefore, the Gentile saints were saved the same way, no circumcision, no law of Moses!
D. James used the same Abraham example to prove faith without work is dead! James 2:20-26
1. James was about faith is completed at the time of obeying Jesus’ teaching!
2. As Jesus said to the Jews who having believed him! John 8:31-32
If you abide in my teachings you are truly my disciples, …
3. James purpose of the example was-->
My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. James 2:1
4. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in
shabby clothes also comes in. James 2:2
5. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you,"
but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," James 2:3
E. Always the same problem with them!
1. When they read James 2:20-26, they forgot the purpose of writing in James 2:1-3!
2. This also always proves they do not have heart on the word they read!
3. When they read the end of the chapter they forgot what say in the beginning!
4. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? James 2:20
Purpose of this question is believers in the church are not to show favoritism to the rich!
F. Faith without works is dead! James 2:21-26
1. Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac
on the altar? James 2:21
2. You see that his faith and his works were working together, and his faith was made complete by
what he did. 2:22
3. And the scripture was fulfilled that says:
Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness. … James 2:23
4. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. James 2:24
5. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26
1. Abraham was saved before circumcision and without the Law of Moses!
2. Abraham was saved at the time of obeying God’s word when he offered up his Son Isaac!
|< 前一个||下一个 >|