|Dignity and the wrath of God.|
Friday Bible Study. November 25, 2016.
Subject: Dignity and the wrath of God.
Ex 28:2 Make sacred garments for your brother Aaron, to give him dignity and honor.
A. Zeph 1:14-18
1. The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and haste greatly, even the voice of the day of the
Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Zeph.1:14
2. That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation,
a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness. Zeph.1:15
3. A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. Zeph.1:16
4. And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned
against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Zeph.1:17
5. Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but
the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy:
for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land. Zeph.1:18
B. Zephaniah 2:1-3
1. Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired. Zeph.2:1
2. Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the
Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you. Zeph.2:2
3. Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness,
seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger. Zeph.2:3
4. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt.5:48
1. I watched as he opened the sixth seal.
There was a great earthquake.
The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red. Rev.6:12
2. The stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 6:13
3. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
4. Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every
free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. Rev.6:15
5. They called to the mountains and the rocks: Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on
the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! Rev.6:16
6. For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand? Rev.6:17
D. These people have no second chance! Heb.6:4-6
1. It is impossible for those
who have once been enlightened,
who have tasted the heavenly gift,
who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age,
if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance,
because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again
and subjecting him to public disgrace. (Insult God’s dignity!) Lev.10:3
2. Be ye perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. Matt.5:48
3. Don’t drop out from the church of Christ!
4. If you do, there is no second chance for you!
5. You be better off never believe Jesus! 2 Peter 2:20-22
|< 前一个||下一个 >|