|Nature, character, dignity and believe Jesus.|
Nature, character, dignity and believe Jesus.
A. Worship ancestor!
1. Ancestor worship is a long Chinese tradition!
2. I do not know if there is a religion in which grandpa worship grandson!
3. The followings are what the Bible says! Ex.20:4-5
4. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord
your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth
generation of those who hate me.
5. These are what Jesus taught: John 4:23-24
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit
And in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.
B. Apostle Paul taught these!
1. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons.
For what son is not disciplined by his father? Heb.12:7
2. Honor your father and mother"-- which is the first commandment with a promise-- "that it may go
well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." Eph.6:2-3
3. Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead,
bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Eph.6:4
4. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor
their own bodies between themselves. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and
served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Romans 1:24-25
C. Man control things not the other way around! Gen.1:26-28
1. Then God said: Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the
sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that
move along the ground. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them. Gen.1:26-27
2. God blessed them and said to them: Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.
Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the
3. So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator
and continue to do good. 1 Peter 4:19
4. Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.Isa.43:7
5. Everything is permissible for me"-- but not everything is beneficial.
Everything is permissible for me"-- but I will not be mastered by anything.
6. Anything that make you say: I can’t help it is a disgrace to God and to your own dignity!
7. Man control his own will! 1 Cor.7:37
But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control
over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—
this man also does the right thing.
D. Man control what he believes!
1. The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 1 Cor.14:32
2. It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of
you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable. 1 Thes.4:4-5
3. They devote themselves to the Apostle’s teaching… Acts 2:42
4. Man can choose to be a child of the Almighty God! 2Cor.6:17-18
Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will
receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
E. Conclusion: Do you know why the theme of this sermon is
Human nature, morality, logic and believe Jesus?
May the Lord bless you and keep you always! Written October 10, 2016.
Video: English Cantonese – Recorded 10/23/16
|< 前一个||下一个 >|